Saturday, August 29, 2009

Setting Sail!




My flight on Wednesday went well, and I arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia will all my luggage in hand. I actually met a few girls in the airport who were also doing SAS. They offered me to stay in their hotel room (compared to the Hostel I was originally planning on staying in). So we all went out to dinner in Nova Scotia, and that night I slept in a chair! On Thursday we checked into the ship and after folding T-shirts for my job in the bookstore, a group of us went out and explored Nova Scotia some more!

Yesterday at 17:00 we set sail from Halifax, Nova Scotia and are heading across the Atlantic Ocean to Spain! Below are a few pictures of my room:
Our porthole in our room! Because of "fixing parts of the ship", I got moved from 2nd floor up to 4th floor! This room has more room and a bigger porthole!!! And there's even a ledge before the porthole that could be used as a sorta-bench... AWESOME! That is Halifax in the background.
View of the room looking from the window to the door.
View of the room from the door. My bed is the one on the right. My roommate boarded the ship as well on Thursday. Her name is Lauren, and is actually a psych major too; this is her last semester before graduating.

I'm just REALLY loving this! Like, it's just so cool! And everyone I've met has been friendly... which I just love! I just love what's happening... seeing cultures, studying abroad, surrounded by new ppl, seeing cultures, seeing cultures, being around water 24/7, viewing cities on foot... it's just great!



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelsey! Just wanted you to know we're praying for you and we're so excited for you! I'm glad you're having a great time so far, hope it continues to be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey, we are so excited for you! Your room is cool and what a view! God bless you as you travel.
    Love,
    Aunt Lois & Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete